Building Control Surveyor - various locations
The Building Control Surveyor will report to the Operations Director.
At ICW Building Control, we are passionate about providing and delivering an efficient and intuitive service that helps our clients to deliver compliant buildings. Buildings that are safe and comfortable for the end user. ICW Building Control Ltd are part of the wider ICW Group, and it is our aim to provide a service based on our principles of being Consistent, Competent and Compliant.
With a focus on new Residential and Commercial projects and having experienced significant growth in this market we are now looking to strengthen our team and would welcome applications from all levels of Building Control Surveyors.
Locations - North East, West Yorkshire, Cambridgeshire
Reporting to the Operations Director, the Building Control Surveyor will be responsible for overall project management as well as undertaking plan checking and site inspections to help ensure projects comply with the Building Regulations and associated guidance for residential and commercial developments.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Checking plans for compliance with the building regulations and associated legislation
- Undertaking inspection of works and producing detailed records of all inspection undertaken
- Issuing initial notices, plan certificates, amendments notices and final certificates
- Ensuring at completion of works that all relevant inspections have been carried out, appropriate certification submitted, and any defects/non-conformities have been addressed before final certification is issued
- Carrying out duties in accordance with QMS procedures
- Delivery of consistent service and building effective client relationships
- Providing mentoring and support towards the training and development of our trainee and assistant building control surveyors
Qualifications, Knowledge & Skills
- Chartered membership of an appropriate professional institution or working towards (i.e. RICS, CABE, CIOB)
- Building Control experience in residential and mixed-use developments
- Good communication skills both verbal and written with appropriate interpersonal skills
- Ability to effectively manage a varied workload
- Able to work with minimum of supervision, in line with company policies and procedures
- Knowledge of relevant standards/legislation and environmental issues
- IT literate with the ability to use a range of software programmes
- A salary of £38,000 – £55,000 depending on experience
- Car allowance or company vehicle
- 2 paid professional subscriptions
- Home set up provided
- Private medical healthcare including access to online GP Service
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme
- Life Assurance of 3x Salary
- Individual annual CPD budget
- Employee focused Company Pension
- Support to professional membership
- Career progression
- No financial targets
- Opportunity to work on Major and High value projects in a growing business.
To apply please complete your details on the form on the right of the page and we will be in touch with you.